2020 IT Career Camps
Student Rules and Expectations
Working with Sponsers
- Be grateful. Sponsor companies pay for almost 90% of the cost of the IT Careers Camp.
- Be kind. We are visiting businesses during their workday. This means they are letting us borrow their employees for the day.
- Be respectful. Behave like you would in a library. Use appropriate volume and actions.
- Be attentive. Pay attention when others are speaking and value what they say.
- Be interested. The sponsors are here to help you, ask them questions and listen to their feedback.
Rules and Guidelines
- Be respectful
- Do not leave room after lights out
- Be courteous when working on your TIDE project
- Ask dorm monitors or camp councilors before leaving any building
- Be on time, our schedule is tight
- Do not go into a room of the opposite gender
- Stay with your team while working on your TIDE project
- No cursing
- No talking during presentations
- Be respectful at site visits
- Ask questions
- Be professional
Student Contact Contract
The Student may bring a personal cell phone, but must limit use during daytime program hours of 8am to 5pm each day to incoming calls from family members for true family emergencies. Any other use of cellphones during daytime program hours, including use of the device for “texting” or email, is prohibited UNLESS SPECIFICALLY DIRECTED BY INTERALLIANCE STAFF and may result in confiscation of the cell phone by INTERalliance staff until 12pm Saturday dismissal.
The Student will only utilize laptop and desktop computers issued for use during the Program in approved ways. The Student will not at any time utilize the provided equipment to visit online eCommerce sites (Amazon, etc.) or adult content sites of any kind. The Student will only utilize social networking sites (e.g., Facebook) or entertainment sites (e.g., YouTube) when directly authorized to do so by INTERalliance staff as a part of program activities. Unauthorized use of provided computers will result in disciplinary action up to expulsion from the program at the sole discretion of INTERalliance staff.
The Student will use an appropriate level of care to ensure no damage occurs to the laptop computer issued to him or her on their first dy. If the issued laptop is lost, stolen, or damaged due to the negligence or willful misconduct of the Student, the Student and the Student’s parent/guardian will be liable for the replacement cost of the lost, stolen or damaged equipment (estimated replacement cost: $1,000), payable to the INTERalliance who will reimburse the host university.
The Student will be responsible for the dormitory key issued to the Student by the University for use during the Program. If the key is lost or stolen, the Student and the Student’s parent/guardian will be liable for the replacement fee of $80, payable to the INTERalliance who will reimburse the host university.
At no time will the Student enter the rooms, dormitory wings, or sections of the dormitory reserved for students of the opposite gender, or any other section or building of the campus deemed off-limits to the students by INTERalliance staff. The Student will remain on campus and with his/her INTERalliance teammates at all times during the program, except as approved directly by INTERalliance staff and documented in the approved “Special Request Form for Evening Campus Leave” form (included in this registration packet).
Note: This document was electronically signed by both you and your parents thus binding you to the standards aforementioned.
Northern Kentucky University
- University Police (Non-Emergency) 859.572.5500
- Facilities Management (Business Hours) 859.572.5660
- Facilities Management (Evenings/Weekends) 859.572.5584
- Safety & Emergency Management 859.572.6533 or 859-572-6528
- Xavier University Police 513.745.1000
- Non-Emergency Number 513.745.2000
University of Cincinnati
- Non-Emergency: 513-556-1111
- NightRIDE: 513-556-RIDE
- Executive Director Heather Ackels – 513.415.7707
For all emergencies, call 911.
IT Careers Camp Email
Please fill out the fields below to receive more information about the IT Careers Camps!
*form with "Name" / "Email" / "Phone Number"*